Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS for Samsung Galaxy3
Good news Samsung users; you can now install Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS on your Galaxy S3 (I9300)! While Samsung made the decision to discontinue software updates for the slightly “outdated” Galaxy S3 early this year, the online community has saved the day with several custom ROMs, giving you access to stylish visuals and enhanced performance. One of the popular ROMs out there is NeatROM, a by-product of the Android Open Source Project’s (AOSP) newest OS, KitKat 4.4.4.
Features of Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS
Besides a new custom user interface and increased performance, the Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS offers a plethora of new features such as: an improved camera, “Super User,” notification shortcuts, wallpapers and aesthetics, improved functionality and performance.
Before we get too excited about all of the new features contained in the update, please make sure the following pieces of information are CRYSTAL CLEAR:
- NeatROM is intended only for Samsung Galaxy S3 International Edition (I9300).
- Please make sure that this is the your phone model by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Model Number.
- This ROM voids any factory warranty you have on the device.
- Your phone must be rooted (unlocked or editing enabled).
- Most Important Part.
- Remember, this is done at your own risk. Rooting your device voids your factory warranty.
- Make sure your PC is installed with all of the necessary USB drivers. Your computer will not recognize your phone unless the drivers are installed.
- Back up ALL data from your phone. This ROM install requires a full memory wipe.
- Make sure that you have at least 80% battery life to prevent any connection disturbances.
Now let’s get started! But remember that this process is extremely technical. If you are not familiar with technical procedures or Android phones, please do not attempt this custom ROM installation. We (Android Phone Guides) cannot be held liable for any damage (glitches, errors, malfunctions, or BRICKING) to your device or data. So with that in mind, here we go!
- Download the Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS NeatROM Firmware hereand Google Appshere to your PC.
- Connect the I9300 Galaxy S3 to your computer via USB.
- Place the NeatROM .zip file in your phone’s SD card and nowhere else.
- Make sure that the device isrooted and is installed with ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.
- Power off the phone and disconnect it from your PC.
- Switch the phone to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the “Volume Up”, “Home”, and “Power” buttons together.
- Making sure you are in Recover Mode, erase the phone’s data by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option.
- Use “Volume Up” to navigate the menu and “Power” to select while in Recovery Mode.
- Clear the memory cache by pressing “Wipe Cache Partition.”
- Navigate back to the Clockwork Mod Recovery main menu and tap “Advanced,” then press “Wipe Dalvik Cache.”
- Go back to the main menu and select “Install zip from SD Card.”
- Select “Choose zip from SD Card’ and select the Android 4.4.4 NeatROM .zip file to install.
- Install Google Apps using the same procedure in Step 10.
- Once installation of both files is complete, navigate to
- “+++++Go Back+++++” and select it. Restart your device by tapping “Reboot System Now.”
The device should power off and will take several minutes to restart. Make sure program install was successful by going to Settings>>About Phone to view the current version of Android. It should read Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS.
Rise your Voice